It was interesting, amazing and sometimes overwhelming to hear all about the training sessions that our resources have to face on a regular basis. Twice a month, all TOS colleagues attend a ‘TOS Academy’ about various subjects to keep everyone up to date on the processes, laws & regulations. TOS Academy is our internal education program, to improve our services and knowledge.
Last week, we welcomed Rob Bruinsma and Anouk ter Harmsel from FMTC who offered us an in-house TOS Academy safety training. FMTC offers a wide variety of safety training including Maritime training (STCW), Offshore training (OPITO & NOGEPA), Wind training (GWO) and Industry training. Additionally, they provide training for various maritime emergency services.
We learned all about:
- The different training options: STCW – OPITO – NOGEPA – GWO
- What our resources have to learn: theoretically and in practice
- The mutual recognition of Basic Safety and Emergency Preparedness Training in The North Sea Sector
- We discussed the difference between S-CAPE & ESCAPE and the NOGEPA Rigger & Banksman training
- The EBS & CA-EBS equipment (Gina and Josien helped to demonstrate)
- How to combine certificates in order to fulfil the projects’ requirements
- Latest development: E-BOSIET. This way you save two course days!
FMTC, thank you for your expertise and all the information you have shared with us.
HEALTH & SAFETY
TOS does a great deal to continuously ensure health and safety in the operational activities of the company where you are employed. Arrangements concerning this matter have been established in our health and safety handbook.