Situated at the 7th floor of our HQ, the Quality & Law department overlooks our homeport ‘Waalhaven’ in Rotterdam. The department serves as a knowledge center for internal purposes and for our clients. It offers advice with regards to all kinds of law disciplines such as labour law, maritime law, tax law, social security regulations, etc. According to Marlena Holdermans (Executive Manager Finance, Quality & Law): ‘Our department is always in the frontline when it comes to industry standards, rules and regulations. We assist our clients when they start operating at new work locations or when they need to implement national or international regulations such as, for example, the Maritime Labour Convention 2006. Our customers are being confronted with a continuously evolving legal climate and we try to support them as much as we can. We are responsible for drafting and/or reviewing the agreements that form the basis for providing our services, such as customized ship delivery agreements or (frame) agreements for crewing services.’
Marlena Holdermans MSc LLM
- Worked four years at Fairplay Towage BV in Rotterdam, assisting the crewing department during her study Business Administration.
- Started at TOS in 2004 in the position of Management Assistant. Focused on special projects and the structuring of TOS to enable the vast company growth.
- Was responsible for the set-up of all foreign TOS branch offices
- Founded the Department Quality & Law and obtained a Master’s degree in Commercial Law in 2011.
- Current position since 2007: Executive Manager Finance, Quality & Law.
Sophie Bouhuys LLM
- Master’s degree in Dutch Labour Law. Special interest: Maritime labour law.
- Worked several years as a legal professional on various labour law and social security projects.
- Started at TOS in 2013 to strengthen the department Quality & Law as Legal Counsel.