Inland Shipping, Shipping
Amsterdam area, Europe, Rotterdam area, The Netherlands
Long term project, Short term project, Temporary
ARE YOU UP TO THE CHALLENGE OF WORKING IN INLAND SHIPPING?
We are immediately looking for a Machinist for a pusher tug shipping company. Our customer transports dry bulk cargo daily from Rotterdam, Amsterdam and Antwerp to Duisburg. Vacancy: Machinst for pusher tug
DO YOU LOVE 4 MEGAWATTS? IS THIS JOB MADE FOR YOU?
What about ensuring that the 3 main engines are up and running to sail up the River Rhine? We are looking for an experienced pusher tug operator for one of Europe’s largest and most modern pusher tugs. Do you want to work in fixed port rotation and sail the ARA area to Duisburg and back? Sign up at TOS!
WHAT ARE THE TASKS?
- Ensure the 3 main engines (total power > 4 mW) can run continuously
- Maintain and operate all other installations, including pumps, gearboxes, generators, separators, compressors, etc.
- Know how to operate, service and troubleshoot the installations
- Appropriately intervene when you notice faults or deviations
You’ll also be on stand-by during specific manoeuvres, like stays in ports and/or when connecting and disconnecting the push barges, ensuring any installation breakdowns can be effectively repaired. You’ll also be responsible for keeping the engine room clean, well-organised and tidy.
IS THIS YOUR PROFILE?
Including a positive vibe, you will also need to have:
- Willingness to work in shifts (11-hour shifts)
- Able to work in a close team
- Inland shipping booklet with the stamp for Rhein
- Completed a maritime training at Marof level, preferably in the field of Marine Engineering, or a completed Marine Engineer A course
- A valid service booklet (schifferdienstbuch) with a ‘machinist’ endorsement/stamp
- Demonstrable multiple years of experience as an engineer in a similar environment
- A willingness to complete additional education/courses
- Good oral command of the English language and preferably of Dutch and/or German language
- Driving License B
- Good employment conditions
- Dutch contract
- Working in a team of professionals
- Rotation: 2 weeks on/ 2 weeks off
- Sailing area: Rhein, ARA
If you are interested in the vacancy Machinist for pusher tug, please click the button “Apply”. For more information, you can contact our office in the Czech Republic via +420 412 51 01 81 or contact Šárka Králová / Šárka Makešová by mail!
WORK WITH US, WE MAKE IT PERSONAL!
We are TOS. A family business. Loyal and authentic. Our business is a people business. We offer selection, secondment, payroll, and training of the very best people for our clients – in the maritime, onshore, offshore & wind energy sector. In our characteristic, personal and professional way. We confidently and enthusiastically build sustainable relationships with our employees: www.tos.nl